Disclaimer, Privacy Statement, and State Agency Website Link and TDCJ Link Policy
The Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) provides information via this website as a public service. PLEASE NOTE that users of this website are responsible for checking the accuracy and completeness of all information themselves. While the agency makes every effort to ensure information is accurate and complete, TDCJ makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or currentness of the information provided via this website. TDCJ specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages that may result from providing the website or the information it contains, including any websites maintained by third parties and linked to the TDCJ website. TDCJ makes no effort to independently verify, and does not exert editorial control over information of pages outside the "www.tdcj.texas.gov" or "www.tdcj.texas.gov" domain. TDCJ does not endorse any of the products, vendors, consultants, or documentation referenced in this website. Any mention of vendors, products, or services is for informational purposes only.
Thank you for visiting the Texas Department of Criminal Justice website. Your privacy is very important to us. Our policy is to collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to make that information available to us.
While visiting our website, our web server automatically recognizes only the Internet domain and the IP address from which you accessed our website. This does not provide access to your personal e-mail or other personal information. If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information is collected to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site and to make our site more useful to visitors. No personal information is collected.
We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit for statistical purposes:
- Internet domain (for example aol.com. or lcc.net) and IP address (the number automatically assigned to your computer when you are surfing the web) from which you access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit
- The address of the page you used to link to our site, if any
In using our Correctional Officer Referral Form or Website Feedback Form, you may choose to submit personal information to our website either through e-mail or forms. This information will be seen by Human Resources staff, Webmaster, or related agency departments and may be retained either in electronic or paper format. E-mail is NOT secure against interception. For your own protection, you may wish to contact TDCJ Correctional Recruiting directly if your submission includes sensitive information such as your social security number. It is important to keep in mind that any information disclosed on the referral form, whether in electronic or paper form, might become public information under state law, and you should exercise caution when making a decision to disclose personal information.
TDCJ Correctional Recruiting: (877) 967-5489
TDCJ Web Site Link Policy
Links to Other Web Sites
The information posted on the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) site includes links to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. TDCJ provides these links and pointers solely for your information and convenience.
When you select a link to an outside Web site, you are subject to the privacy, copyright, security, and information quality policies of that Web site. TDCJ:
- DOES NOT control or guarantee the accuracy, legality, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked Web site;
- DOES NOT endorse linked Web sites, the views they express or the products/services they offer;
- CANNOT authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked Web sites;
- IS NOT responsible for transmissions users receive from linked Web sites;
- DOES NOT guarantee that outside Web sites comply with the accessibility requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act;
- DOES NOT have liability and responsibility for third-party Web site content.
Standards and Criteria for linking to other Web sites
Every link request must undergo review to determine its relevance and appropriateness to the purpose of TDCJ. Links for the TDCJ Web site are approved based on the following criteria:
- The External Web site corresponds with the purpose of TDCJ.
- The External Web site's content is appropriate with respect to the purpose of TDCJ and the site is not a:
- Site that exhibits hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, sexually oriented materials or libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Site that advocates or promotes the use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs;
- Site that furthers the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office;
- Site that promotes, opposes or makes available weapons or gambling.
Additionally, TDCJ reserves the right to deny links if it determines that a Web site contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the purpose of the TDCJ Web site or does not meet one or more of the criteria set forth in this policy.