Business and Finance Division
Chief Financial Officer
The mission of Business and Finance is to support the agency through sound fiscal management, provision of financial services and statistical information, purchasing and leasing services, maintaining a fiduciary responsibility over offender education and recreation funds, and ensuring fiscal responsibility through compliance with laws and court-mandated requirements. Business and Finance includes the following departments: Accounting and Business Services, Budget, Commissary and Trust Fund, Contracts and Procurement, Financial Systems and Compliance, Office of Space Management, Historically Underutilized Business Program, and Payroll Processing.
Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Business & Finance Division
PO Box 4015
Huntsville, TX 77342-4015
The goals of the Business and Finance Division are:
- To provide centralized financial services to facilities and programs within the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
- Acquire goods and services in support of agency needs.
- To provide accurate monthly salary payments with authorized deductions while ensuring compliance with state and federal laws.
- To plan, formulate, analyze, and monitor expenditures of the TDCJ by activity, function, and department through the provision of comprehensive budgeting, performance measure reporting and specialized research and statistical activities.
- Review financial activities to ensure compliance with state law and agency policies and procedures
- Operate and administer the agency's inmate trust fund and commissary operations.
- To promote and increase contracting opportunities with Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs) and to provide those businesses and agency staff necessary assistance.
- To develop space template guidelines for long range space planning in state-owned buildings and manage administrative office and warehouse leases.
The Business and Finance Division is divided into the following Departments:
- Accounting & Business Services Department
- Budget Department
- Commissary and Trust Fund Department
- Contracts and Procurement Department
- Financial Systems and Compliance
- Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Program
- Office of Space Management
- Payroll Processing Department