Executive Administrative Services
Office of Family Services
The mission of the Office of Family Services is to serve as a liaison between the Executive Director and families, or the organizations that advocate for them. We aim to address inquiries, investigate allegations, and resolve concerns. We believe it is necessary to keep families, advocacy organizations, and the general public informed of agency announcements, updates, and meeting opportunities.
Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Office of Family Services
PO Box 99
Huntsville, TX 77342-0099
- Fraudulent Calls Being Made to Citizens in Texas
- TDCJ Visitation Announcement, April 1, 2023 (effective April 1-31, 2023)
- TDCJ Visitation Announcement, March 1, 2023 (effective March 1-31, 2023)
- Visitation Permissible Items (effective December 5, 2022)
- Inmate Tablets (effective September 7, 2022)
- Outside Vendor Shoe Purchase (effective July 20, 2022)
- Allowable Property During a Transport (effective July 25, 2022)
Thank you for your interest. Please check back for future events.
- TDCJ Summit, San Antonio, September 24, 2022
- TDCJ Summit, Southlake, May 21, 2022
- TIFA Meeting, Tyler, Texas, February 14, 2022
Family Group Registration *NEW*
Registering your organization with a point of contact allows the TDCJ to send communications, news, and updates. Please click this link to register your family group.
If your concern is of a medical nature, you may contact the Health Services Division, Office of Professional Standards, PO Box 99, Huntsville, TX 77342; or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by telephone at (936) 437-4271. All inmates are required to sign a release of information form in order for any medical information to be released.
Public Information Act
Open Records Policies and Procedures
Under the Texas Public Information Act (the Act), each person is entitled to complete information about the affairs of government and the official acts of public officials and employees, unless otherwise expressly provided by law. You can request information by e-mail, U.S. mail, hand delivery, or electronic submission through the TDCJ website. For more information about the Texas Public Information Act or open records requests, you may wish to refer to the Attorney General’s Public Information Handbook.
Report a Concern
The agency recommends to attempt to resolve unit-based issues at the unit level first, if you feel that your concerns have not been adequately addressed, please contact the Office of Family Services for assistance by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at (936) 437-6360 or (936) 437-6725.
- General Information Guide for Families of Inmates (PDF), Spanish (PDF)
Explains the intake process and provides a brief description of the inmate program areas within TDCJ. Intended to assist the families of inmates in understanding how TDCJ operates.
- Offender Orientation Handbook (PDF), Spanish (PDF)
- Offender Rules and Regulations for Visitation (PDF), Spanish (PDF)